About the Athlone Business Awards
Every year, Athlone Chamber of Commerce, supported by several large sponsors, actively seek out locally & regionally based companies that have demonstrated significant achievement and success over the past year. The Business awards are open to all businesses, across varying sectors and sizes, from the Emerging to SME’s to Large indigenous and multinational organisations. It is not necessary to be a Chamber Member to apply for the Awards.
Alongside the regular metrics of innovation, growth plans, financial stability etc., every year the President’s Award varies and recognises excellence either from individual leaders or companies in areas such as CSR, Green environment etc.
Why enter? During the competition process there will be extensive promotion of shortlisted businesses through the medium of radio, newspaper and digital media. Local Companies eager to progress their business enterprise, recognise the efforts of both employees and partners and those wishing to celebrate their achievements to date should consider entering these awards.
Both finalists and winners receive significant exposure in both social & traditional media and at the Annual Dinner, which is attended by approximately 400 business people, including the region’s leading business and political figures.
Therefore, the Chamber encourages all businesses to use this opportunity to reflect on their success over the past year and apply. There is also the opportunity to nominate companies that you believe have got the wow factor.
Award Categories for 2020 are:
- Medtech/Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Company of the Year Award
- Innovation in Business/Technology Award
- Family Business of Year Award
- Exporter of the Year Award
- Business Person of the Year Award
- Business of the Year Award
- Entrepreneur/ Emerging Business Award
- Outstanding Contribution to Local Causes Award
- Business to Business of the Year Award
- Heritage & Hospitality Award (Arts, Crafts, Culture, Tourism & Hospitality)
- Environmental Award
- Retailer of the Year Award