Athlone Christmas Lighting Project
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Athlone Chamber of Commerce are spearheading a drive to raise part of the costs of a major upgrade of Athlone’s Festive lighting.
The major project is costing €200,000 and is under auspices of Athlone festival & events project group. Westmeath Leader are funding €150,000 while Westmeath County Council are contribution €25,000. The business community through Athlone Chamber are raising €25,000.
The project includes for:
- 2 new Christmas lights will be installed from Dooleys at the end of Connaught Street to Behans corner. Northgate Street & Gleeson Street will also benefit.
- Special pole lighting will be provided on the Town Bridge.
- Two large illuminated Christmas tress will be located on Market Square and Count John McCormick square.
- A series of uplighters will provide year-round coloured lighting on trees between the Luan Gallery and the railway bridge.
- Twenty festival trading huts will be permanently available to festival groups in town.
We are asking your business to support this fantastic initiative which will provide massive boost to Athlone for Christmas and beyond. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at the proposed lighting in the image gallery below:[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”nivo” interval=”5″ images=”4454,4453,4452,4451,4450,4449,4448,4446,4445,4444,4443,4442,4441,4440,4439″ img_size=”600×400″][/vc_column][/vc_row]