Chambers survey results reveal stark reality:
84% of businesses expect revenue to decline by in excess of 25%
42% of businesses have closed entirely
47% of businesses have laid off staff
Athlone Chamber are working to ensure the decision makers are aware of our members challenging times and the need for reassurance regarding rents, rates and taxes. RBK, a chamber member as well as others have links within this newsletter that should help. Also contact us at email@example.com or through our website for further details and contact.
84% of businesses expect revenue to decline by in excess of 25% in the next three months, which is up from 73% in our last survey published on the 24 March.
· Approximately 25% of businesses expect their revenue to decline by more than 90% over the next 3 months
· Smaller firms are more concerned about loss of revenue and are more likely to expect a 100% reduction in revenue
· 42% of businesses have closed entirely, and 30% of businesses having closed the public facing offices and are now working from home
· Of those that have closed, most expect to be closed for 12 weeks
· 47% of businesses have laid off staff, with over half of those laying off in excess of 30% of staff
· 20% of all businesses have laid off their entire staff